While Sanibel Island is known for its laid-back atmosphere, there is no shortage of adventures to enjoy on your next vacation. From riding around on bike rentals to a fishing excursion with a local charter, you’ll be able to fill your day with fun from sunrise to sunset. With so much to do and see, you need to start your day off on the right foot, which means a delicious and filling breakfast at a Sanibel Island restaurant. Every vacation rental from Sanibel Vacations comes with a fully equipped kitchen, but sometimes you want to leave the cooking to someone else.
The Best Breakfast Restaurants on Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island is filled with world-class restaurants serving up dishes for all meals of the day, including breakfast. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to grab or something more hearty, there is a spot that fits your needs.
- Sanibel Cafe, which opened in 1984 and is known for its fossilized sea shell tabletops, is a favorite of visitors and locals alike. No matter what time you wake up, you can order from the all-day breakfast menu features everything from a breakfast quesadilla to eggs benedict.
- Blue Giraffe Island Dining opened its original Periwinkle Way location in 2016 and has grown in popularity ever since. The menu is filled with breakfast dishes for every palate, including chicken and biscuits, pancakes, and breakfast tacos.
- If you’re looking to dine at a Sanibel Island staple, visit Lighthouse Cafe. For more than three decades, the restaurant has been turning out scratch-made dishes like seafood benedict, frittatas, and whole wheat hotcakes.
- Don’t let the name fool you; Sanibel Deli & Coffee Factory is more than a sandwich shop. Stop in to grab one of their breakfast sandwiches or muffins that pair perfectly with a cup of coffee.
- Bring your four-legged family member along for breakfast by dining on the patio at Over Easy Cafe. Browse the extensive menu to find everything from fresh fruit bowls to heaty scramblers and skillets.
- Another excellent option for a quick grab-and-go breakfast is Sanibel Bean. This local coffee shop offers a wide range of hot and iced coffee creations and fresh pastries.
- Sanibel Fresh is the perfect blend of healthy and tasty food like breakfast sandwiches and pancakes. Try a refreshing acai bowl topped with shredded coconut, homemade granola, and roasted cashews.
Take a Break on a Sanibel Island Getaway
Vacations are the perfect way to escape the realities of everyday life, which can include cooking. Luckily, there are plenty of restaurants on Sanibel Island that have you covered from breakfast to dinner. If you do feel like making a home-cooked meal, you’ll have everything you need thanks to your Sanibel Vacations rental’s fully-equipped kitchen.
Our vacation homes and condos have everything you need to relax and unwind after a fun day exploring this Florida island. Call 239-579-0348 to learn about our rentals and their unique amenities, like pools and tennis courts, and special offers.