There’s no better place for a tropical getaway than Sanibel, which has miles of sandy beaches to explore. Whether you rent a vacation home right on the beach or just a short distance away, you’ll have the perfect place to unwind after a day of fun from Sanibel Vacations. Make the most out of your vacation by checking off these bucket list activities and attractions that take advantage of the variety of beaches of Sanibel Island, Florida.
The Top Sanibel Beach Activities and Attractions
Whether you’re visiting for the first time or back for the fifth time, there’s plenty to explore on Sanibel Island’s beaches.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset from Bowman’s Beach or Turner Beach.
- Cast a line from the fishing pier at Lighthouse Beach Park.
- Walk along the nature trail at Bowman’s Beach.
- Add to your shell collection, or start one by shelling along the coastline at Turner Beach. Keep an eye out for shells like conch, cockle, scallops, Junonia, and lightning whelk.
- Explore the water that surrounds the beaches on a kayak or paddleboard from SBL Outfitters. This is a great way to see the beaches from a new perspective while possibly getting up close to area wildlife.
- Enjoy a picnic on the beach with takeout from a local restaurant.
- Build the world’s best sandcastle. There are tips and tricks for creating a sandcastle that’ll put all others to shame, so make sure you bring the proper tools.
Book Your Beach Escape with Sanibel Vacations
Sanibel Vacations has the perfect home base for your next vacation with rental homes with private beach access or condo rentals with easy beach access. Spend the day soaking in the sunshine on Sanibel Island’s relaxing beaches before enjoying a soak in the hot tub, dip in the pool, or a movie night in. Our rentals vary in size, so we can accommodate groups large and small. Call 239-579-0348 to learn more about our rental options and to book your beach getaway.