Located near Fort Myers off Florida’s Gulf Coast sits a small barrier island called Captiva Island. Often associated with Sanibel Island, which it is connected to, this island is the ideal place to escape when you need a break from life. With vacation rentals on both Sanibel and Captiva island, Sanibel Vacations is the perfect place to call home. Not only will you have a relaxing place to unwind at the end of the day, but you’ll also be close to some of the best things to do on Captiva Island.
A Checklist of Captiva Island Activities and Adventures
Whether you are visiting for a family vacation or a romantic getaway for two, there is plenty to do and see during your Southwest Florida escape.
- Set sail with Captiva Cruises. Since 1986, this family-owned and operated service has been showing visitors the beauty of this area. Select from a range of cruises, including dolphin cruises, sunset cruises, and trips to nearby islands.
- Explore the waters that surround Captiva on a kayak adventure. Guides like Adventure Sea Kayak will take on you an eco-tour that will have you discovering the wildlife and nature that calls the island home.
- Enjoy a day at the beach. Soak in the sunshine, go for a swim, or try your hand at shelling.
- If you feel like casting a line, there is a range of fishing options to choose from. Have the best chance of reeling one in by going out with a local fishing charter like Reelentless Pursuit Charters, LLC, or Captain Shawn Kelly’s Fishing Charters.
- See what lives beneath the surface snorkeling. Within a 15 mile radius of Captiva Island, there are more than a dozen artificial reefs waiting for you to explore. Let the experts at Native Guides show you the best spots for an underwater excursion.
Get Away from It All with a Captiva and Sanibel Islands Escape
Take a minute to recharge your batteries with a Captiva or Sanibel getaway. Be close to it all by staying at a vacation rental from Sanibel Vacations. Whichever island you choose, you’ll have a comfortable place to call home. After a day spent exploring all of the fantastic things to do on Captiva Island, enjoy a relaxing night back at your home away from home. Each rental has all the comforts of home, and maybe even some extra bonuses like a pool or hot tub. To learn more about our rentals and their amenities, call 239-579-0348.