With summer fading into the background, you might be looking ahead and starting to plan a winter getaway. Sanibel Island is an excellent option for those who want to visit Florida this winter while avoiding some of the crowded tourist spots. This barrier island is filled with fun activities and interesting attractions. Be close to it all by booking a vacation rental from Sanibel Vacations.
Create the Perfect Sanibel Island Winter Itinerary
Whether you’re visiting with young children or are empty nesters looking to escape the cold, there’s plenty of fun to be had. We’ve put together a list of some of the best activities, attractions, and events that should be on your itinerary if you’re planning a visit to Sanibel this winter.
- Check out the calendar of events for fun events and festivals like Santa’s Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise or Edison Festival of Light.
- Walk along the shoreline of public beaches during low tide to enjoy a relaxing day of shelling.
- Go on an eco-tour with New Wave Eco Charters or Tarpon Bay Explorers to see the wildlife that calls the warm waters home during the winter months.
- While water temperatures do cool off, it is still warm enough to go kayaking or paddleboarding with rentals from SBL Outfitters.
- Enjoy a fire on the beach, which is allowed if you apply for a permit from the Sanibel Fire Control District.
- Catch a stunning sunset. During the winter months, the west coast side towards the middle of the island has the best views.
- Grab a cup of coffee or tea from a local cafe and a relaxing stroll around the island.
Book Your Winter Escape with Sanibel Vacations
If you’re looking for a relaxing and cozy home away from home to enjoy during your next visit to Sanibel Island, then book your stay at a rental from Sanibel Vacations. Winter is a popular vacation season as travelers escape the cold, so be sure to reserve your stay as early as possible. We offer vacation rentals in a variety of sizes and styles, including homes and condominiums. This means we have something that fits your Florida winter getaway needs.
Our rentals also come with a range of amenities, including beach access, fully equipped kitchens, public and private pools, and more. Save on your stay by checking out our current special offers. Call 239-579-0348 to learn more, or reserve your rental directly online by visiting our site today.